For Woodside High School Students
Who Needs a Work Permit?
If you want to work and are under 18, you must obtain a work permit for each job you hold.
Why Do You Need a Work Permit?
Work permits ensure that you are working safe hours, performing appropriate tasks, and receiving fair pay on the job. (It’s CA law.)
How Do You Get a Work Permit?
1. Go to the College and Career Center and see Ms. Matavulj to pick up a work permit application. (Make sure your school attendance is good!)
2. Complete your portion of the application: birth date, SS#...
3. Have your employer complete the section about the job: wages, hours, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, etc.
4. Have your parent sign the application.
5. Return the application to Ms. Matavulj.
(Allow for a 48-hour turnaround for the permit.)
6. Pick up your Work Permit from Ms.Matavulj, and take it to your employer.
*Those under 18 but who have graduated from high school, passed the CA High School Proficiency Exam, or received a GED do NOT need a permit.