skip to main content

SUHSD Woodside High School Work Permit Application Top of Page

The front of the work permit application must be completed by the student, the parent, and the employer once the employer agrees to hire the student. The student then brings the completed application to the College and Career Center to receive the final work permit.

The back of the application details the legal work hours and safety guidelines required by California law and adopted by the Sequoia Union High School District. 

Please note that a work permit may not be issued in the case of truancy, low GPA, or chronic behavioral issues and that a work permit may be revoked for the same reasons. 


Work Permit info for WHS StudentsTop of Page

Work Permits 

For Woodside High School Students

Who Needs a Work Permit? 

If you want to work and are under 18, you must obtain a work permit for each job you hold. 

Why Do You Need a Work Permit? 

Work permits ensure that you are working safe hours, performing appropriate tasks, and receiving fair pay on the job. (It’s CA law.) 

How Do You Get a Work Permit?  

1.   Go to the College and Career Center and see Ms. Matavulj to pick up a work permit application or print this form.  (Make sure your school attendance is good!)

2.   Complete your portion of the application: birth date, SS#, et al.

3.   Have your employer complete the section about the job:  wages, hours, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, etc.

4.   Have your parent sign the application.

5.   Return the application to Ms. Matavulj. 

(Allow for a 48-hour turnaround for the permit.)

6.   Pick up your Work Permit from Ms.Matavulj, and take it to your employer.     

*Those under 18 but who have graduated from high school, passed the CA High School Proficiency Exam, or received a GED do NOT need a permit.

FAQs about Work Permits from the CA Dept. of Ed.Top of Page

Contact UsTop of Page

Email Me a Copy
I'm not a Robot.
Thank you for your submission.