The 2019 Athletic BBQ Kickoff Event will be held in the center quad/MUR on Thursday, Aug 8, at 5:30 pm. This is our annual kickoff athletic event where everyone will have a chance to meet our WHS coaches and other Woodside athletes and families.
The Woodside High School Athletic Department provides opportunities for all students who seek to compete in high school athletics and represent Woodside High School. Woodside strongly believes that high school sports are an essential component of our extra-curricular activities which promote and reinforce the values of a strong work ethic, teamwork, delayed gratification and physical fitness. We value sportsmanship and strive to establish a competitive environment that aligns with our 8 Conditions of Student Success.
Study hard. Practice hard. Play hard.
|Click||to send an email message.|
|Peterson, Dan||Strength and Conditioning Coach|
|Harvath, Kim||Head Coach - Dance|
|Hernandez, Al||Head Coach - Cross Country|
|Andrews, Justin||Head Coach-Varsity Football|
|Gadasalli, Umesh||Head Coach - Boys Tennis|
|Richardson, Jesse||Assistant Varsity Football|
|Guillena, Jaymie||Head Coach - Cheer Program|
|Tchernichov, Vladimir||Head Coach-Varsity Volleyball|
|Spence, Michelle||Head Coach - JV Volleyball|
|Sheetz, Joe||Assistant Coach - Volleyball|
|Antonino, Bruno||Head Coach-Boys Water Polo|
|Robertson, Craig||Head Coach-Girls Water Polo|
|Thornton, Elijah||Head Coach Boys Varsity Basketball|
|Rossi, Ron||Head Coach-Girls Varsity Basketball|
|Llantero, Jason||Head Coach-Girls JV Basketball|
|Ringman, Darrell||Head Coach Boys Varsity Soccer|
|Moreno, Jorge||Head Coach Boys JV Soccer|
|Navarrete, Jose||Head Coach Girls Varsity Soccer|
|Avendano, Oscar||Head Coach-Girls JV Soccer|
|Staves, Nancy||Head Coach-Coed Badminton|
|Rogers, Dan||Head Coach-Varsity Baseball|
|Arner, John||Head Coach-Golf|
|Sage, Ryan||Head Coach-Boys Varsity Lacrosse|
|Myers, Stacey||Head Coach-Girls Varsity Lacrosse|
|Daines, Alexa||Head Coach-Varsity Softball|
|Carlos, Hector||Head Coach-JV Softball|
|Couch, Stephanie||Head Coach - Swimming|
|Pedrin, Chris||Head Coach - Track and Field|
|Denenberg, Lauren||Co-Head Coach - Girl's Tennis|
|Cowparthwaite, Tracy||Co-Head Coach - Girl's Tennis|
Woodside High School is a participating member of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a non-profit research based institution that firmly believes athletics can be an excellent avenue to develop character in young people. Please visit these sites to find out more information about the PCA.
1. Must be currently enrolled in at least 25 semester units of work or 5 classes.
2) Must Pass at least 4, five-unit, classes at the completion of each grading period (quarter and semester).
3) Must be on track towards graduation in relation to credits/units earned. May not be more than 15 credits behind. (Incoming sophomores: 40 credits, Incoming juniors: 95 credits, Incoming seniors: 150 credits)
4) Must maintain a minimum 2.0 weighted GPA (4.0 scale). GPA calculations are taken from the previous grading period (quarter or semester). 5 unit courses: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0 (2.5 unit courses are worth half the points). Students who drop below a 2.0 at the following grading period, had have turned in all necessary paperwork, may become eligible at the following grading period if they have brought their GPA to a 2.0 or higher, have the required number of credits for their grade level, and have maintained their attendance as required in #6 below.
5) Must comply with all SUHSD and school behavior policies, PAL Code of Ethics, and CIF/CCS Code of Conduct for Interscholastic Student-Athletes.
6) Must maintain 85% attendance per quarter. Students who are absent more than 15% will be ineligible for the following quarter.
7) Students are expected to attend at least half of their academic day in order to participate in practice or games on that day.
8) Students on suspension will not be able to participate in practice or games until after they are allowed to return to school.
Note: Students and parent/guardians, be aware of CIF Rule 600 which states, "A student on a high school team becomes ineligible if the student competes in a contest on an outside team, in the same sport, during any part of the student's high school season of sport, including post season CIF/CCS events.
We currently have the following paid stipend coaching vacancies for the 2019-20 school year: