1. Do Business Academy students take regular classes with non-academy students?
Yes. You will have classes with non-academy students while in non-academy classes such as Drivers Ed, Ceramics, Science...
2. Do I need to take seven classes because of the Academy?
The Academy will not make you take a seventh class, but if you are short credits or there is a conflict, we will recommend that a student take seven classes.
3. Can I choose not to take Computer Applications, and still be in the Academy?
No. Computer Applications is the focus point of the Academy. California mandates that CPA (California Partnership Academy) students are enrolled in a CTE course while in the Academy.
4. Are Academy classes harder than regular mainstream classes?
Academy offers smaller classes and more attention. The classes are challenging in rigor and expectations.
5. What if I change my mind about the Academy?
We ask all prospective Academy students to put forth a sincere commitment to stay in the program for three years, but we will listen to each case independently.
6. How long is the Academy program?
You start in your sophomore year and we see you through graduation (a total of three years).
7. What makes the Academy different than the rest of Woodside High School?
You will have four core classes with four core teachers to help you succeed in school.